Guidelines for the preparation of poster abstracts
Before submitting your abstract, please read the following information carefully:
- Presentation type - The Congress allows for submission of poster presentations.
- To apply for a "Young Scientist Award" please tick the respective box in the submission process. Read more...
- Abstract title – Please choose a title that clearly indicates the content of your contribution. Please avoid abbreviations in the title. Abbreviations may be used in the main text, if they are defined when first introduced.
- Abstract text
- The abstract text is limited to 300 words.
- Degrees, titles, street addresses and acknowledgements of support should be omitted within the abstract text.
- Abstract layout – Abstracts must be submitted with the following fields to be completed:
- Objective (indicate the purpose of the study or the hypothesis that was tested)
- Method (including the setting for the study, the subjects, the diagnosis or intervention, and the type of statistical analysis. If references are needed, they should be given in the text)
- Result (present as clearly as possible the outcome of your study and, if appropriate, show the statistical significance)
- Conclusion (briefly discuss the data and show the significance of the results)
- Please observe the maximum word count per field.
- All studies must be approved by Ethics Committees of experimental and human investigations beforehand.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest – Work submitted for presentation must include an acknowledgement of any commercial funding sources. Authors should declare all commercial interests.
- The abstract must be allocated to a specific topic of the scientific programme. Please see the full list of topics here and select the respective topic during online submission.