Purpose, Mission and Goals
Mission and Goals
The World Federation of ADHD is an international professional association of clinicians, scientists, and other healthcare professionals who are interested in ADHD and all psychiatric syndromes in which ADHD may be a feature.
The objective and mission of the World Federation of ADHD is to support and promote worldwide clinical and scientific study projects, including training activities in the field of ADHD (Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder) and related disorders. To also support the exchange of information between scientists, physicians, health experts, ADHD lay organisations, self-help groups, and the public; to collaborate with other related professional and lay organizations.
For the purpose of achieving its purpose the association will endeavour to:
Spread knowledge about ADHD by:
- Organizing international congresses, symposia, seminars and workshops on ADHD.
- Publishing journals, scientific documentation and media presentations committed to a high scientific standard and peer review.
- Providing educational programmes for clinicians, scientists and the general public with specific topics in advancing science and clinical knowledge about all psychiatric syndromes in ADHD that may be present as a symptom.
- Collaborating with other international organizations and lay groups.
Promoting research into causes, prevention & treatment of ADHD by:
- Using the federation`s influence and resources to enhance support for research.
- Facilitating the dissemination of information about research.
Formulate and promote public policy that will have a sympathetic affect on ADHD patient care by:
- Playing a pro-active role in the development of policies that affect support of research and patient care.
- Working with regulatory bodies to assist them in the approval process of safe and effective therapeutic interventions.
- Developing training standards within specific specialty.