Abstract Submission Help
Guidelines for Abstract Submission
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presentation type
– Poster presentation
– ”Young scientists” presentation (more information can be found at www.adhd-congress.org.). The members of the Scientific Programme Committee will select eight abstracts for a “Young scientists” presentation.
- Abstract title – Please choose a title that clearly indicates the content of your contribution. Please avoid abbreviations in the title. Abbreviations may be used in the main text if they are defined when first introduced.
- Author and co-author details– Full first and family name(s)
– Affiliation details: department, institution/hospital, city, country
– Degrees, titles, street addresses and acknowledgements of support should be omitted.
- Abstract text - limited to 300 words
(Please note that word count is affected by graphs/tables/images)
- Abstract layout – Abstracts must be submitted with the following sections:
indicate the purpose of the study or the hypothesis that was tested
include the setting for the study, the subjects, the diagnosis or intervention, and the type of statistical analysis. If references are needed, they should be given in the text
present as clearly as possible the outcome of your study and, if appropriate, show the statistical significance
briefly discuss the data and show the significance of the results
- All studies must be approved by Ethics Committees of experimental and human investigations beforehand.
- Disclosure of interests or conflicts of interest: Work submitted for presentation must include an acknowledgement of any commercial funding sources. Authors should declare all commercial interests.
- The abstract submission must be complete. The topic of the abstract must be allocated to a specific topic of the scientific programme. Please choose from the list of topics.
Download pdf: Guidelines for Abstract Submission
Rules for Abstract Submission
- All abstracts have to be submitted electronically by using the online form. Please note that online submission is mandatory. Detailed instructions regarding the electronic submission procedure can be found here.
For any further assistance, please click on the following link to contact the congress and exhibition office: CPO HANSER SERVICE.
- It is possible to submit more than one abstract. However, only one presenting author per abstract is permitted.
- The first author must accept full responsibility for the content, submission and presentation of the abstract, and retain full copyright of the abstract and presentation. By submitting an abstract, the author agree and authorise the organisers to publish or to submit for publication the abstract, the presentation, a biography as well as a photo of the author, and to make this information available for printed or electronic publications.
- All abstracts must be written in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. Submitted abstracts will in general not be edited in any way. However, in exceptional cases, i.e. when the abstract is otherwise of outstanding quality, we provide linguistic assistance.
- All submitted abstracts must be original research. Abstracts that have been presented at other meetings may be submitted if they have not been published, and if the name of the event and date are correctly stated.
- Members of the Scientific Programme Committee will review all abstracts. Following this, information regarding acceptance and scheduling will be sent to the abstract submitter. The members of the Scientific Programme Committee shall rejected abstracts for the following reasons:
– Subject unrelated to ADHD
– Abstract does not meet basic methodological requirements
- All accepted abstracts will be published online in the scientific programme of the 5th World Congress on ADHD: From Childhood to Adult Disease. As for publishing in the ADHD Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorders journal, a valid receipt of the registration fees is required.
- All accepted abstracts will be considered for poster presentation during designated times of the congress.
- Abstracts selected for presentation have to be presented by the original author(s). Please do not submit an abstract if you are not able to travel to the meeting to present your research.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before online submission.
Download pdf: Rules for Abstract Submission